11.11.05

Check your Political Compass

I came out as; -5.25, -5.40
Smack dab in the middle of left wing libertarian.

The GF came out; -4.00, -7.28

More libertarian, less left wing.

Our biggest debates occured over the death penalty (she's in favour for extreme crimes, I object to it as being fundamentally barbaric), and to a degree over protectionism. In my own case, I favour restricting competition in culture industries, like our Can-con regulations, so I had to take the dive on some of the free market questions.

Take the test, it's much more interesting than a simple 'left-right' manichean dualism.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's the link?

Cameron said...

In the title

Anonymous said...

Economic Left/Right: -5.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.51

Somewhere southwest of Ghandi. :-)

Anonymous said...

The Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -2.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.62
Authoritarian Left

Not exactly where I would have expected. While close to centre I figured to be on the opposite quadrant.

Wolves

Anonymous said...

well,

intriguing

economic left/right= -5.00

social libertarian= -7.23