1.9.05

Quote of the Day

"Good morning America, how are ya? Don't you know me? I'm your native son. I'm the train they call the City of New Orleans. I'll be gone five hundred miles before the day is done"
- Arlo Guthrie.

I learned this song at my father's knee, just another one of the many, many things I am thankful for that he has given me.

I was tempted to rail on about how BushCo. has transferred National Guardsmen away from the places like New Orleans where they are urgently required, to Iraq. Or I could throw a bomb or two about the fact that the Canadian DART (Disaster Action Response Team) our internationally renowed special operations team is currently being checked at the border because Bush hasn't officially given the OK for our assistance, or note the fact that the legendary Fats Domino is among the missing-presumed-dead.

But in the end, I decided to go with Arlo.

Peace to the people of New Orleans, Biloxi, and the other places devastated by Hurricane Katrina.

No comments: